Who can we support?
We can support any parent living in Spelthorne who has at least one child under the age of five and who wants our help at a difficult time in their life. There are many reasons why parents need support. These can include:
- Feeling isolated, maybe with no family nearby, struggling to make friends
- Suffering with post-natal depression and maybe finding it hard to talk to anyone about it
- Having a hard time coping with your child’s illness or disability
- Being affected by the death of a family member
- Struggling with the emotional and practical demands of twins, triplets or children under 5
- Finding it hard to cope with relationship difficulties
- Feeling exhausted or depressed
- Coping with your own illness or disability
What do we offer?
A carefully selected and trained volunteer, who has parenting experience, will visit regularly for 2-3 hours a week in the family home. Volunteers offer emotional and practical support which is tailored to what the parent decides would be helpful. Needs can vary from week to week so our support is flexible and responsive. It can include:
- Having someone to talk to
- Adult company
- Helping and playing with your children
- Help to find out about and access other local amenities and services
- Encouragement and motivation
- Practical help around the house
If you are a parent with at least one child under the age of five then we may be able to help you. Click here to find out what our parents say about us.
Sadly due to falling numbers and increased costs we felt it necessary to close our Family Group in November 2015.
Should a requirement manifest itself in the future we hope that funding can be speedily put in place, staff found and a new group set up.
Next: Refer a Family