Making a referral to Home-Start Spelthorne
Who can make referrals?
Families can refer themselves, or be referred to Home-Start Spelthorne by any agency working with parents or young children, e.g. health visitor, social worker, family support workers, CPNs or nursery staff.
How do I make a referral?
- Establish that the family has at least one pre-school child under the age of five.
- Discuss Home-Start Spelthorne with the family – they MUST agree to be referred for Home-Start support.
- For each referral, a referral form must be completed whichindicates the family’s needs.
- Click Referral form 01 12 14 NEW to download our referral form or complete our “Contact Us” form
or contact our office direct on 01784 463200 and speak to a member of our team.
What happens next?
- We assess each referral to ensure the support required falls within Home-Start’s remit.
- We will visit the family to discuss their needs and tell them about Home-Start’s service.
- We will then identify a suitable volunteer whose skills and experience match the needs of the family.
- As soon as a suitable volunteer is available, the co-ordinator will introduce them to the family and accompany them on their first visit. It may take time for a volunteer to become available and if a suitable match cannot be made then you will be informed.
- We will let you know when Home-Start support starts and ends and may ask you for feedback about the impact our service had on the family.
We will provide regular updates, within confidentiality guidelines, on our progress with the family.
Next: Refer Yourself