How can I get support?
Many parents need help, friendship, advice or support during those early years when children are young.
There is no rulebook for raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if your family is going through difficult times. But if you can get the support you need when you need it, then day-to-day family life and your children’s future can be so much brighter.
If you are a parent with at least one child under five looking for support you can contact us directly on 01784 463200 and speak to a member of our team, or simply complete our contact us form
Do you ever feel like this?
- Isolated in your community, with no family nearby and struggling to make friends.
- Suffering with post-natal illness but finding it hard to talk to anyone about it.
- Having a hard time coping with your child’s illness.
- Struggling to cope with a disability or relationship problems.
- Tired, unhappy, exhausted or any similar problems.
Home-Start can help you and your family
If you have at least one child under five then we can help. We support hundreds of parents just like you through our Home-Start volunteers. They are people who are parents themselves or have parenting experience – so they know just what you are going through. They will visit you in your own home – usually once a week. You decide what you will do together.
Maybe you need someone to talk to who won’t judge you; a shoulder to cry on or perhaps someone to play with or read to your children; maybe a bit of support to make or keep medical appointments or to find out what else is available locally.
What happens next?
- After asking for our support you will meet with one of our local organisers who will carefully match you with one of our volunteers.
- Your volunteer will visit you at home for a couple of hours a week.
- You choose to have a Home-Start volunteer and you decide when Home-Start support should stop.
- You can also join in our family group or social activities if you want to.
It’s free and confidential
You don’t have to pay for Home-Start’s help and it’s confidential. Home-Start volunteers will respect your privacy and never forget that you have invited them into your home.
All you have to do is ask
If you think Home-Start Spelthorne can help, why not contact us?
Next: What Parents Say